Friday, November 20, 2015

[VEF2] Month Projects -

Project 04
In project 4 we had to create a viscous liquid object, I went for a really thick one like pizza and arepas dough. My idea was using a Knife to cut the dough through.  I used a viscous liquid with a really high viscosity on a tube geometry. adjusting the particle separation and raidous were also key to avoid a to liquid simulation. then I added a simple ground plane and added static object properties to the knife. 



Project 03
In this project we were introduced to FLIP liquid simulations in houdini, I decided to create an stream of tap water coming from a faucet. I create a fluid emitter for the water, adjusted the shader to make it look accordingly to the reference and added a Fields to add the randomness of water.  



Project 02
This project was about doing a fire, smoke or a combination inside houdini. similar to project one we have to study the movement and shader of a referenced fire. I started by using the explosion module, so I can get both fire and smoke and the movement I was looking for. the render is medium quality as a production quality was taking me 1 hour per frame. 




Project 01
In our first project we use maya fluids and particles to create fire, in my case I needed fluids only, particles would be added for wood crackling sparks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment